Electronics Production Manager
- Sydney, Australia
At RØDE Microphones we are Passionate about Audio
Want to work for one of the fastest-growing, most innovative manufacturer-exporters in audio technology in the world today? RØDE Microphones is looking for an Electronics Production Manager to join our rapidly-growing team.
Part of The Freedman Group, RØDE is a leading manufacturer of high-quality microphones and audio equipment, which can be found in studios, venues, on-location, and in the hands of creatives in every corner of the world. Our products are designed and primarily manufactured by our industry-leading team in Sydney and are exported to over 119 countries globally through more than 6000 dealers, including Amazon, Best Buy, Sweetwater, Guitar Center, Thomann and JB Hi-Fi. Our employees are passionate, hard working, talented and are pivotal to our success.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Own SMT output by consulting with Planning Operations personnel relative to production volumes and customer needs
- Coordinates production activities with support departments to obtain optimum production and utilization of human resources, machines, and equipment
- Establishes workflow policies that enhance speed and efficiency without compromising product safety or integrity
- Establishes production and quality control standards, develops budget and cost controls
- Obtains data regarding types, quantities, specifications, and delivery dates of products ordered
- Reviews and analyses production, quality control, and operational reports to determine causes of non-conformity with product specifications and operating or production problems
- Evaluates, implements, and monitors processes and operating systems for the manufacture of surface mount and mixed technology electronic assemblies
- Develops and maintains manufacturing procedures for all PCBA manufacturing processes and provide recommendations and rationalizations for improvements
- Supports prototypes, expedites and DFM recommendations
- Ensures traceability of components and assemblies
- Monitors and improves the efficiency, output, and safety of manufacturing processes through observation and measurement as well as by collecting and interpreting data
- Works closely with Production Assembly, Purchasing, Quality and Engineering for quality control of raw materials and components
- Assumes responsibility of safety/environmental compliance and performance of processes
- Participates in the process of evaluating and purchasing new equipment and/or upgrades to existing equipment
- Develops or revises standard operational and working practices and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
- Ensures all employees follow industry standard health and safety guidelines
You will require the following skills and experience to be successful:
- 10+ years of experience in electronics manufacturing preferably with a high product mix
- 10+ years of experience with a demonstrated knowledge of manufacturing and best practices with management experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in MRP, JIT, Six Sigma, Lean Mfg., Kan Ban, and Vendor-Managed Inventory
- Strong analytical, data-processing, and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in process formulation and improvement
- Knowledge and experience with product launch processes
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative data analysis, including business process metrics and measures linking to business KPIs
- Technical Degree (EE, ME, or Engineering Technology), certified Professional SMT designation, or equivalent experience
- Proven track record in Manufacturing Management
- Working experience with lead free, no clean processes
- Ability to define requirements for equipment and process control
- Experience with ESD Process Improvements
- Hands on experience with soldering and prototyping circuits
Our campus is designed to create an atmosphere which reflects our love of cutting edge technology, collaboration, and our deep connection to music, film and all things audio. Our production facilities are cutting-edge and are constantly expanding as we increase our capability with new manufacturing technologies and processes. RØDE’s investment in our in-house capability is aggressive, unmatched in the industry. Our plant boasts the finest technologies in metal engineering and production, Surface-Mount Technology electronics production, military grade finishing, plastic-injection mould manufacture, and best-practice toolmaking facility.
Applications for this position have closed.